Why to care?
- Teaches a good mindset to question everything and only to trust the facts. As a result of this, beware that in daily communications, you can find more subtle cues of other people are lying and it can damage relationships.
- Increases your attention to details by applying previous mindset as a habit. This can boost your productivity in some careers such as software development.
- Exciting because there is a problem in each episode and it's always solved creatively. You can also feel that dopamine rush of problem solving and closing cases.
- Teaches about the capabilities of the most recent technology in very diverse domains. It's like a very good crime novel that never gets old.
- Educates about the public views and sociology by studying current news, and becomes a mirror to the ethics in the world where money speaks, i.e. Las Vegas.
- There are very different ways of solving crimes as fast as possible in these episodes and overall, it becomes a visual example of what creatively practical means or relentlessly resourceful.
- Watching series is clearly not the most productive activity to acquire knowledge but compared to other popular series and if you're into watching, CSI has a lower marginal cost in terms of the spent time.